Tuesday 9 July 2013

And the first riders have actually started...

And so the first two intrepid cyclists have embarked on their journey in to the unknown. Yes our very own Bern (a cross between Andy Murray and a British Lion) Gilbey and Richard (hold everything and I mean everything) Cooper set off this morning from Radlett, Herts. 



Their mission to reach Paris in time for urgent pre main ride business meetings although in Richard's case that might mean a few beers by the Eiffel Tower.

The next time we will see time will be at the starting line by the Palace de Versailles. That is assuming they don't take a wrong turn and end up in Italy.

Tomorrow evening will see the start of the Day Zero ride and I will report more about that then.

By now a few of you will have seen our new ride shirt. Hats off to Perry for a great design this year. If you haven't seen it yet then you are in for a treat. Forget high fashion a GIM2013 ride shirt is priceless but not tasteless.

I hope to meet quite a few of you at the bike drop off over the next couple of days and if you get nabbed for a photo or sound bite don't be shy. We may not be the Tour De France but I expect our blog to have more followers than an official One Direction album launch.

I am actually typing this whilst sitting outside a hospital in Oxford with a belt wrapped around me taking images of a capsule that is now in my transplanted bowel. These images are then sent via Bluetooth to another device I am wearing and then the doctors can take a good look and see how the bowel is looking. Pretty cool stuff and all part of my pre-crewing build up. Like all of you I am obviously an athlete at the peak of my fitness and this is all part of my final training to ensure that I am able to get in and out of a car over three days. You don't know how lucky you are just sitting on a bike.

So by the time you read this how many more miles will Bern and Richard have cycled. Post your answers and a prize awaits the winner.

Till next time...

PS don't forget to follow us on twitter @3C's_charity and on facebook - Guts In Motion

2 comments: